Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher crasing

Hello,
On Po, 2008-01-28 at 00:34 +0100, Tomas Cerha wrote:
 on SMP systems.  It is, however, very strange that
you can't restart SD.  Are you invoking /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher
restart as root?  Do you get any error message indicating why it can't
be restarted?  Orca should start speaking again immediately after
restarting dispatcher.

When speech is lost I am trying to launch gnome-terminal using alt+F2
keystroke. I am typing
sudo /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher restart
into it but sound does not come back.
Unfortunatelly Orca with speech-dispatcher is the only accessible
solution  configured on my machine because gnome speech does not seem to
work when speech-dispatcher is runing.
Perhaps later on if I get some more skills I may be able to help with
tracking this issue. Or is there a way I can check this even with no
speech given the fact I am blind with no braille display?

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Peter