Re: [orca-list] Compiling Gnome

Dear Steve,

Many, many thanks for your reply. It will definitely be helpful.

The best way to get there would be to go to
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Firefox

Thanks. I already followed the instructions on the DownloadInstall page
of Orca's wiki.
So the question is more like: which components of gnome should be
recompiled rom sources ?

and read down to the links that discuss updating Orca.  This
documentation stresses the importance of updating at-spi and Orca with
svn (subversion) but once going through there, you will soon realize
you need to update atk as well.  I've seen on list here that gail is
kept to current svn levels too.

So in summary, you would svn gail from gnome's svn, build it, install
it and then proceed to atk and do the same.  After that, build and
install at-spi per the directions given at the Orca wiki and finally
Orca itself.

Okay so you recommend a four-steps procedure which consists in
compiling/installing
1. gail
2. atk
3. at-spi
4. orca

Is it correct that this procedure _won't_ update the whole gnome desktop
from the debian-packaged version 2.20 to the development version 2.22 ?
My understanding was that that it's really important to update the whole
gnome desktop. Is that true or will the previous procedure be enough ?

Thanks for helping,
Sébastien.