[orca-list] Orca Preferences won't come up

Hi,
I'm reposting this message as it wasn't reflected back to me after I posted it last night.

I'm running Orca 2.2 on an Ubuntu 7.10 system.  I've been trying to add the Ttsynth Via voice synthesizer which will work some of the time, but not reliably.  I have also installed a sound server so that the sound card can play multiple channels.  Now, Orca preferences refuses to come up when I hit insert space.  I've even tried the orca-t option.  When I try to bring up preferences, orca loses screen feedback and all I get is key echo.  I can end my session and shutdown or reboot because I remember the procedure.  What can I do to get the Orca preferences back?
Bob, tinneyb charter net, K8LR
Skype name:  bobtinn
One of the best days of my life is today!