[orca-list] Using Orca with Braille only

Dear all,

I am interested in using Orca with the help of a Braille terminal only,
i.e. without having to install anything having to do with speech.

I am using a Debian Unstable.
I downloaded Orca from its subversion repository.
The versions of gnome and pyatspi I am currently using are those
coming with Debian unstable, that is, 2.20.2 and 1.20.1 respectively.

I run X from the shell prompt through the startx program.
My .xinitrc and .xsession files both contain the only line
exec gnome-session

X and the gnome session start normally and a sighted person(*) could run
Orca from there.
My first surprise was that, according to hat has been described to me,
it is really necessary to choose among the proposed speech systems, i.e.
the possibility of using Orca without speech was not offered. It that
correct ? During the installation we of course activated the support for
Braille. After the installation, we restarted gnome and ran orca again,
but its windw remained empty and no braille suport was available.

Finally, as far as I can tell BrlAPI works just fine and the Python
bindings have been installed successfully.

Is there any other information that could be useful to Orca developers ?

Thansk,
Sébastien.

(*) To me it would be _very_ importnat to be able to run orca by myself
and also to have a possibility to have it ran automatically each time
gnome starts, but in pure text mode, without having to use Gnome menus
to achieve this result, because as long as orca doesn't work sighted
help is required, which is not a very good thing IMHO.