Re: [orca-list] Orca and wxWidgets

Thanks Michael! I'd also encourage users on this list that need access to wxWidgets to contact the wxWidget developers directly and encourage the wxWidgets developers to test for accessibility.

Will

Michael Whapples wrote:
I am talking from a bit ago, and I was using WX through the python
bindings (wxpython), but I found it was not fully accessible. The
problem seemed to be that while it uses native toolkits (GTK on linux)
it created some custom controls to make the widgets look closer to each
other on the different platforms, so there were some which did not work
(orca reported panel only). I believe WX itself has a way to reveal
accessibility information, but at the time wxpython did not seem to give
access to this and I don't know whether this functionality would even
work on linux.

There are some controls which work fine, so it depends on what you plan
to do, but at the time I was looking at it, the WX treeview didn't work,
so this might rule out quite a number of GUIs.

All I can suggest is try it, see if it works for what you need. As I
remember the demo tool was useful to test the different widgets.

From
Michael Whapples