[orca-list] speech-dispatcher not starting

i have had another attempt at trying to install and run speech-dispatcher in ubuntu gutsy. i do a sudo apt-get install speech-dispatcher but i think when it comes to extracting the files from the package where my problems start. what i get are quite technical error messages something about invoke and something about trigger differed at the end. all i know is that these error messages are not this-so i ever heard in the previous version of ubuntu so i know something much be going wrong for me to be hearing these messages spoken by orca but one part of the message states that speech-dispatcher is unable to start so despite my lack of technical knowledge something is certainly going wrong which causes orca to stop speaking altogether when i reboot my laptop which i use to test things on just in case i have any problems. one thing i have noticed is that when i issue the spaid-say hello from gnome terminal i do get the word "hello" spoken but that is the only thing spoken when i now boot, even trying to run orca from the run dialogue gives me no speech so i do think something goes wrong during files being extracted and set up which does something to the system and stops speech from working altogether.