Re: [orca-list] libXft Dependency

I know I keep mentioning gnome slacky, but I haven't had these sorts of
issues with it. As someone has pointed out, yes you can do it without
actually using a CD, you just need the files and to maintain the
directory structure of the CD (even using an archive tool to extract the
files is fine).

Going back to some basics, had you made significant changes to your
slackware system? About all of these gnome distributions can be affected
by modified systems and the authors normally warn you to install on a
clean slackware install. In the case of slacky I know it comes with a
few packages it needs to replace from the original slackware ones, but
it also has the original slackware ones should you uninstall slacky and
wish to restore it back to a standard slackware system, so modification
of one of these packages may confuse something.

From
Michael Whapples