From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Willie Walker
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:09 AM
To: d digitaldarragh com
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] using orca trunk with ubuntu 7.10

Hi Darragh:

Happy New Year!  In order for Orca to work best with trunk, you also
need some other things from trunk, such as AT-SPI, because they have
important fixes/changes in them.  There's some more info on this page:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DownloadInstall

In general, I would shoot for building/installing the following from
trunk (and in this order): at-spi, atk, gail, orca.  Make sure you read
the URL above, especially the part about --libexecdir= and at-spi.

Hope this helps!

Will

Darragh wrote:
Evening,
Just kind of curious.  How could one go about making the trunk of Orca
work with Ubuntu 7.10?
It installs without any problems but I find that it doesn't read most
windows correctly.

Example, when in the connect to server dialogue box, it won't read the
control labels or the contents of the first drop down box.

Thanks

Darragh