Re: [orca-list] a couple things...

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Mike Ryan wrote:

Hi all:

Well firefox is running but it calls it self minefield. Not sure why,
maybe that's the paliminary beta title. Now if I could titan up Orca's

That is what it is meant to be called. So its fine!

speech handling abilities, would speech dispatcher 06.6 and
python-speechd take care of this? Ho can I grab those tared files?

You might need to build from source.
(Do you know how to do that...?)
It won't handle dependencies for you like apt...
Only do this if it isn't in your repo.

Maybe try googleing for speech-dispatcher 0.6.6

Or you could try alsa with gnome-speech. But speech-dispatcher is probably best.

Also want to get Orca announcing the Synaptic Package Manager.

Dunno, perhaps there should be a configuration file placed in root? I believe it should have two lines but don't know what its called or what lines to add...

Otherwise I'm probably wrong... :-)

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/