Re: [orca-list] The latest version of firefox...

Yes, you can do all of this, and you won't necessarily get a working
FF3. If you go this route, you take on the issue of package
dependencies. If you don't know what that is, you should probably not go
this route.

Janina

Dorado Mart writes:
Hi all

Mike, you will need to uncompress that archive.

You have two choices:

1. Make it in a text console (gnome-terminal)
1.1 Go to directory where your tar compressed archive is located. Cd directory
1.2 Uncompress the archive by typing tar xjf archive.tar.bz2
1.3 Then change to firefox directory by typing cd firefox
1.4 Execute firefox by typing ./firefox

2. You can use an application to uncompress your archive like file-roller which it's quite accesible
2.1 Open file explorer (nautilus)
2.2 Go to path where your .tar.bz2 archive is located
2.3 Select the archive and press enter (file roller will be launched)
2.4 Go to toolbar and press the extract button. A dialog will appear where you can set the path where the
files will be extracted etc.
2.5 Go to the directory where you extracted firefox and execute the firefox file.

Hope this help

Regards

Javier