[orca-list] orca caps lock always "on" issue (fwd)

Hrm with the attached patch the mail is to big.
Here is a copy of my message.
And I'll upload the file at:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/orca-bug.diff

Here is my last message!

Hi all,

I could reproduce the bug Steve had mentioned a few days ago regarding caps lock.
When pressing caps lock orca says "caps lock on"
When pressing caps lock again orca says "caps lock on".
The case does change but orca reports the state of caps lock incorrectly.

So I used svn to locate the bug. (Isn't it nice been able to use svn :-))
And I found the bug came in
R3561
(3560 doesn't have this bug but 3561 has it)
Joanmarie Diggs and wwalker:
You broke it! :-)

Anyway this patch seems to be the problem.
I would assume it to be one of the following files that contain the error...

          src/orca/keybindings.py:
Or maybe:
        * test/keystrokes/gtk-demo/learn_mode.py:
          test/keystrokes/gtk-demo/role_text_multiline_navigation.py:

But I am probably wrong.

I made a diff between the two revs (using the svn diff command)
And I have attached my diff.

Also here is the changelog...

2008-02-11  Joanmarie Diggs <via william walker sun com>

        * test/keystrokes/gtk-demo/learn_mode.py:
          test/keystrokes/gtk-demo/role_text_multiline_navigation.py:
          src/orca/scripts/StarOffice.py:
          src/orca/orca_prefs.py:
          src/orca/default.py:
          src/orca/orca.py:
          src/orca/Gecko.py:
          src/orca/where_am_I.py:
          src/orca/input_event.py:
          src/orca/script.py:
          src/orca/keybindings.py:
          src/orca/orca_gui_prefs.py:
         Fix for bug 440490 - Key bindings should allow double and triple
         press features to be rebound.

I reverted this diff (the attached one) on r3573 and the caps lock issue was gone!
But I am probably missing some important stuff now.

Steve can you please confirm this?

So this is about all I can do. I don't know much python yet. (
Going to learn) so I guess I need to leave this to someone who is good with python.

If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

If someone could look into this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/