From: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
Date: February 11, 2008 4:24:27 PM EST
To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
Subject: Announcing Orca v2.21.91

The coolest thing in this release is that Orca now has some fundamental
support for contracted braille. There are still a couple rough edges,
but we want to you take it for a test drive so we can polish this work
for the next release. You can read more about this in the "Contracted
Braille" section of the following URL: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Braille

Many thanks to the Mozilla Foundation for funding this work and Eitan
Isaacson for the incredible work he did putting this in place.

===============
* What is Orca?
===============

Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.

The Orca v2.21.91 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.21.91 development
release and requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME
v2.21.91, including atk and gail.

You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.

===================================
* What's changed for Orca v2.21.91?
===================================

2.21.91 - 11-Feb-2008

General:

* Fix for bug #133275 - (gedit) accessible description for page not
correct

* Work on bug #354470 - Contracted braille. This provides fundamental
contracted braille support via liblouis.

* Fix for bug #434654 - Orca skips a line in flat review mode or
with braille navigation (braille up / down). This fixes the
bug in question, but there is an asymmetric behavior that happens
when flat reviewing by word. Flat review by previous word will
land blank line at the end of a text area (if it has one), but
won't do do when navigating by next work. Tracking the asymmetric
navigation issue in bug #515817.

* Fix for bug #440490 - Key bindings should allow double and triple
press features to be rebound

* Fix for bug #486908 - Selection and navigation in multiselectable
items are not properly handled

* Fix for bug #512608 - Punctuation in keyboard review mode

* Fix for bug #512639 - rhythmbox Library table not accessible

* Fix for bug #512847 - Flat review is quite broken in OpenOffice and
Firefox

OpenOffice:

* Fix for bug #363830 - Provide feedback in OOo when toggling bold,
underline, and italics

Firefox:

* Fix for bug #462883 - ARIA tooltips/alerts are not being output

* Fix for bug #506360 - find{Next,Previous}Line() should be more
efficient

* Fix for bug #511354 - cannot press enter to activate links in area
tags, although tabbing works

* Fix for bug #511389 - Orca doesn't always speak a link that regains
focus in FF3

* Fix for bug #512236 - missing links in ff3 when navigating down page

* Fix for bug #512303 - table captions are not being presented

* Fix for bug #513217 - object navigation sticking on same line
comboboxes

* Fix for bug #513425 - orca object navigation is not consistant when
moving to the left/to the right

* Fix for bug #514427 - Orca skips over headings at the end of
sections in FF3

* Fix for bug #515652 - Gecko.py script causing Traceback

New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):

ar Arabic Djihed Afifi
de German Jochen Skulj
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez and
Jorge Gonzalez
it Italian Luca Ferretti
oc Occitan Yannig Marchegay
pt Portuguese Duarte Loreto
sv Swedish Daniel Nylander

* Where can I get it ?

You can obtain Orca v2.21.91 in source code form at the following:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.21/orca-2.21.91.tar.gz
http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.21/orca-2.21.91.tar.bz2

Enjoy!

The Orca Team