Re: [orca-list] Plans for a directly accessible Ubuntu live cd.

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Chris Norman wrote:

Hi All,
I plan to create a Ubuntu CD which is accessible straight out of the
box, without messing about with the f5 thing, for new users.

Has anything been done like this before?

I am working on similar project for Polish users. If you need only
automatic screenreader start there is fairy simple - just add "access=v3"
after two dashes to kernel parameters in isolinux/isolinux.cfg file.
Something like this (in one line):

APPEND  file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper
initrd=/casper/initrd.gz quiet -- access=v3

I made more modifications in my version (Firefox 3 with Accessibility
Extension, Orca 2.21.4, speech-dispatcher), if you are interested please
contact me directly at ethanak polip com

Bohdan