[orca-list] problem in gtkpod

when i start gtkpod, i keep getting error messages about the i-pod directory, mount point etc. i am asked if i want to create the directory and when i choose the "yes" button, i am asked to pick a mount point and model of my i-pod. it seems to give the default as media i-pod so i presume the default is correct. the problem is i am not sure which x model i have to choose if a directory needs to be created. am i getting this error message and being told to choose my mount point and model because my i-pod is turned off or is this standard proceedure for setting it up to be able to transfer and that i may need some sighted assistance to be able to get the right information to create whatever directory the i-pod needs to be able to transfer my files?