Re: [orca-list] Opensuse or Ubuntu?

One thing I forgot to mention about GRML, when you have installed it to HD, don't forget when booting finishs (on the HD) you will need to log in before you can run the swspeak command, this is different to the LiveCD where you can just start typing the swspeak command after booting finishes.

Michael Whapples

On 22/12/08 22:48, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
Good evening Micheal,

Does Debian have an accessible install using a software synth?

Thanks,
Everett

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Whapples" <mwhapples aim com>
To: "orca" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Opensuse or Ubuntu?

Does the decision have to be limited to ubuntu or opensuse? I personally
would recommend GRML/debian, as these have less of a push towards
certain systems (eg. they don't use pulseaudio by default). This means
when you install the system you add what you want rather than
correct/remove/add to get to where you want to be. As an example how
this is simpler I have had to touch nothing except the volume to get
audio doing what I want on GRML, where as with ubuntu pulseaudio needs
removing, may require software reconfiguring, and I don't know if you
need to add anything.

Michael Whapples