Re: [orca-list] installing debian lenny

Dear list!

Ignas, If I known right, you found official Debian Lenny rc installer
information is:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2008/20081112
It's support speakup and brltty, but I not tryed because I have'nt got a
braille display or speakup compatible synthesizer.

Debian Lenny have official live cd beta1 release, but the accessibility
support is not default (Orca not installed the live cd).

Another think:
I maked with home purpose a Debian Lenny live cd used live-helper with
standard little GNOME desktop system, default accessibility support with
Orca screen reader and Espeak synthesizer. I ask live-helper, please put
the debian-installer with live mode. It is works, install the live
system but not speak with installation process. I have little question:
How can I put the little install/initrd.gz with soundcard modules and
all needs (alsa-base etc) by default (text installer)? Possible using
espeak with softvare speech with espeakup application, my system read
console messages correct with normal system and the prepared live system.
Extraction is not problem with cpio.

Debian Lenny have a gtk installer. Possible do with reads Orca the
installation screens? I think it is inpossible. I think the text
installer speak with softvare speech is simplest doing, can anybody help
me solve this problem? If we solving this, we doing an accessible
unofficial Debian live installer with softvare speech.

I think right, this problem is not Orca list topic, if anybody would
like help me, please writing private letter. Or if this topic is not
disturb the list readers, please ansver the list.

Thanks,

Attila