Re: [orca-list] Many Tnanks

Hello Dave.

About ALSA, did you try what the FAQ suggests?
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-7768cfa02a7b58992f0755eecd185a0a83389f5a

Hope it helps,
AndrÃ

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 23:31 -0500, Dave Hunt wrote:
Thanks for the help with speech dispatcher and alsa.  I now have speech
dispatcher working but with pulse audio instead of alsa.  I tried alsa,
but found that I could have only one sound at a time.  Even with pulse,
the dispatcher makes  for a very responsive orca.  To have this setup be
persistent, I should start dispatcher in one of my start files, right?
Which would you recommend?  It's a per-user configuration.

Thanks,

Dave H