Re: [orca-list] using alsa

It won't work. Just go to and listen to Darragh's walkthrough or go to this website:
This is what the walkthrough is based on and this is how I got mine to work. It's worth doing. People might think Orca is not responsive but it's all because of Pulseaudio and gnome-speech...

----- Original Message ----- From: "michael weaver" <weavermicha googlemail com>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 1:37 AM
Subject: [orca-list] using alsa

can i use alsa in ubuntu intrepid by just changing sound preferences in gnome from the defaults to alsasync and disableing pulseaudio in sessions under gnome preferences and just restart my pc? i would like to get speech-dispatcher working and heard it works best with alsa. i nearly thought i got somewhere once with speech-dispatcher with speech-dispatcher showing up under gnome preferences only when i selected it and rebooted my laptop i completely lost speech altogether.
hope someone can advise me.
Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org
Visit for more information on Orca