From: Mgr. Janusz Chmiel [mailto:chmiel phil muni cz]
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:23 AM
To: dave mehler gmail com
Subject: Re: [orca-list] remastering either ubuntu or opensuse?

Oh,

It is complex project. Do You want to use Orca which could send data to A
serial port? I Am afraid, that it will not be possible, You would need to
use special driver for this purpose. Orca is may be configured for external
synthesizers, Speakup console based screen reader could theoretically enable
to use it, but please remember, that some synthesizer drivers are not based
on a fact, that they will not need a software feetback from A real connected
synthesizers. From alternated installer, may be this could be done, but if
installer is gui oriented and is not using Linux services for working with
serial ports, this task will be complex for You.

Try to ask mr walker from sun Microsystems, if Orca is developed for using
serial port.