[orca-list] Replacing Pulseaudio with JackD in Ubuntu

Has anyone replaced Pulseaudio in Ubuntu 8.10, with the JackD subsystem?

I am more familiar with Jack for audio work, and as far as I know it has
better performance.

I am contemplating installation of orca and Gnome on a (so far) command
line driven digital audio workstation I built on Linux, which uses an
M-Audio Delta1010 sound interface, configured to work with Jack.

I don't know if I can use Pulseaudio for the normal sound card, and Jack
for the Delta1010, but I thought it might be easier to just rip out
Pulseaudio all together.

Thoughts or ideas?

Luke