From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of luke
Sent: 07 December 2008 00:35
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Understanding the gnome layout

Hello

Does anyone have any materials written or recorded from a blind prospective,
on understanding how things are laid out in gnome, at least with the default
window manager in Ubuntu Intrepid, the name of which escapes me just now?

I.E. what panels are, the differences between "lock to panel" and "lock to
desktop"; what is meant by workspaces, how many of them there really are,
and why some times a menu or popup will appear in one and not another, when
previously it appeared elsewhere; and so on.

Maybe this is all covered in standard gnome documentation which I just
haven't looked at yet, but I thought that perhaps there was an orca-centric,
or blind-centric version somewhere which might have more relevance.

Thanks for any thoughts, and apologies for the newbe question.

Luke