Re: [orca-list] Building at-spi from SVN

Hi:

The Ubuntu folks are very aggressive in their ability to make the latest stuff available via package updates. So, it is pretty rare that you'd need to build/install from source. In general, you should be able to just update your machine and get the latest binaries. This should get you very close to the latest stuff.

For those that want to build Orca from SVN to get the very latest changes, it's generally pretty safe to build just Orca. However, just keep in mind that you're the one typing the commands on your machine and you're the one responsible for fixing any damage that might come about as a result.

Will

Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Hello all,
When using Ubuntu 8:04, and now using 8:10, I am unable to build At-spi from source. I have followed the instructions on the Orca Wiki, but when I run autogen.sh with the two arguments, autoconf complains about a possibly undefined macro. I don't know how important it is to have the bleeding edge version of At-Spi, but in any case I would like to know if there's a solution for this?
Thanks!
Ignasi