Re: [orca-list] After restarting from standby display isn't there

Hi Guenni:

It could be that the connection between Orca and BrlTTY is lost when the system goes into standby. Try enabling the debugging support in Orca and see if you get any errors when you go through a standby/wakeup cycle:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Debugging

You might make the debugFile line look like the following to make the debug file easier to find (it will be under the /tmp directory):

orca.debug.debugFile = open(time.strftime('/tmp/debug-%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S.out'), 'w', 0)

Will

Anne Günther wrote:
Hi everyone
I'm actually not sure if that's an orca or a brltty problem.
Anyway. In 90% of the time after I start my laptop from standby the braille display doesn't get started. If I start brltty manually afterwards the display gets started but when I start orca after this it doesn't "click" with it. The problem occurs since I upgraded my Ubuntu from hardy to intrepid. Any ideas.
Regards Guenni