Re: [orca-list] Accessible RSS Readers

On 11/29/2008 10:59 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
I'd even be happy to hear of web-based solutions if they work well with Orca.

I've had good luck with Gregarius (http://gregarius.net) recently. It's web-based and requires that you have access to a server capable of running PHP/Mysql (it supposedly works with SQLite but I couldn't get that working) but I've been quite happy with it. I especially appreciate it for its web-based "river of news"-style view that displays unread items in whatever quantity you like--I have it doing so in batches of 100. So if I've been away for a while, I just hit my instance and continuous-read my way through 100 articles at a time. All the articles are saved in my database for later searching.

A Firefox-based solution would be nice, though I couldn't find one that works as well. Live bookmarks seem to only display titles, and I've not seen a way to view article summaries on a single page. There are a number of addons that offer syndication functionality, but all the ones I tried were more or less inaccessible.