Re: [orca-list] Support for ARIA

Hi Everett:

Scott Haeger did a fair amount of ARIA work for Orca via a Mozilla Foundation grant:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Firefox/ARIAWidgets
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Firefox/LiveRegions

We haven't done a lot of testing or development on it this year, though, so some of the work might be stale.

One thing I really want to see us do soon is evaluate Orca's effectiveness at accessing the known ARIA-enabled toolkits out there (Dojo, Google, Yahoo) and improve the support. If this is something you'd be willing to take on, it would be AWESOME!

Will

E.J. Zufelt wrote:
Good morning,

Does Orca have support for Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA)? If so, in which version was the support introduced? If not, what would be involved in beginning to add this support to Orca?

I would be happy to contribute to this effort if it has begun, or to start it if it has not yet begun.

Thanks in advance,
Everett