[orca-list] New audio walk through available. Installing Ubuntu 8.10 with Orca.

Title: New audio walk through available. Installing Ubuntu 8.10 with Orca.

Greetings all,

Some time back, I posted an audio walk through that guided users through the installation of an Alfa version Ubuntu 8.10.  For some reason however, the automated installer that allows users to bypass the Live CD no longer works with Orca.  Therefore, I have created another guide that walks through the old way of installing Ubuntu via launching the installer via the live CD.

This recording also briefly discusses usage of the web via Firefox to enable users to access the Orca Wikki, updating your installed system via Apt-get and updating Orca to the latest version via SVN.

As always, comments, suggestions, questions or complaints are encouraged.

You’ll find the audio walk through and all other recordings at www.digitaldarragh.com/linuxat.asp

The direct URL for the recording is:

http://www.digitaldarragh.com/linux/ installing-ubuntu-8-10.mp3

Just one final note, soon these recordings will move to a new home at www.lalrecordings.com as I aim to expand the scope of the topics that I cover.  The site is only a static page sitting on a server at the moment but I’ll make time this week to dramatically enhance this with more content and new recordings.  I’ll post again with news when it’s done.  For anyone with links to the previous recordings on digitaldarragh.com, don’t worry, no changes will be required.  Links will continue to work.

Darragh

www.digitaldarragh.com