[orca-list] Questions about upgrading AT-SPI and Orca

Hi folks,

I can upgrade Orca without too much trouble, but I cannot get the latest version to read pop-ups - if indeed pop-ups are a part of Linux Ubuntu. Also, I am having trouble upgrading AT-SPI, is it really necessary to remove it beforehand as Darragh suggests and once it is installed is it really necessary to restart the PC? Is a restart also necessary after typing sudo apt-get upgrade at the terminal? Or can i simply just use Linux afterwards?

Thank you

James