[orca-list] anti-crashing-strategy?

Hi folks
I had hoped with updating orca it wouldn
t crash every half hour. Alas, I was wrong.
As far as Iunderstand it its a problem of the combination of gnome-speech with espeak. From the orca-site I got the impression that for German only espeak ist available as an engine, and that emacspeak and speech-dispatcher only work somewhat limited with ubuntu. But it all was fairly vague. So uses/knows anyone a working combination? Or has anybody another idea how to keep the fish talking?
Guenni