[orca-list] building a dedacated Ubuntu Machine

Hi all:

I was just given an HP desktop which was purchased in 2001. It's an Athelon 1.2, 328MB RAM and a 60G hard drive. I'm not sure on the HP model # but it has a DVD read only drive and a DVD Burner. This particular model also has a cd storage in the top of the case. It has onboard sound. I'm wondering if I should just pick up a fairly in_expensive snd card this evening, when I pick up my I-Mac and download an Athelon version of Ubuntu.
I did try to install and can see video out put but no sound.

TNX all:

Michael Ryan