Re: [orca-list] Does anyone know of a program for backing up a computer that works with orca?

Hi,
I have used partimage myself and it works fine. You have to run it as root.
sudo apt-get isntall partimage
sudo partimage
All the best,
Christian

On 2008-08-26 at 16:37 Christopher Moore wrote:

How about part-image
Chris
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 08:28:02AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
You don't need a special distribution. Try using the 'dd' command that
has been there in Unix and Linux systems forever. Note you can also tar
and bunzip the result to reduce the size of your backup image file.

mike writes:
Hi, this may be a little off topic, but I need something that works
with Orca, so thought this was the place to ask.
There are some Linux distributions like PING-2.01 aimed at providing
tools for backing up a partition. Does anyone know of a program for ghost
or backing up partitions I can install in ubuntu or what ever distro that
works with Orca?
Thanks Mike.

Janina Sajka,        Phone:  +1.202.595.7777;        sip:janina a11y org
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC   http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and
Canada

Chair, Open Accessibility    janina a11y org
Linux Foundation             http://a11y.org