Re: [orca-list] Does anyone know of a program for backing upa computer that works with orca?

Janina Sajka wrote:
Yes, indeed. The obvious logical next step is to combine the imaging and
compression into a single command.

I think the problem is not what program you use, it might be dd as well as any useful program, such as partimage, which I prefer. The main problem however is that you cannot backup a working system, e.g. you have to unmount your partition. before storing a backup. And this brings back the original suggestion of using rescue CDs. My favorite is:
http://grml.org
which uses a text Linux by default.
It comes with Speakup, so it can be used by people that do not own a braille display.
Sorry of being OT to a certain extend, but I want to add these notes.
Hermann