Re: [orca-list] several difficulties with Opensolaris

Dear listers,

I am working with Opensolaris to improve accessibility and awareness here in the Netherlands. I use an installation from Sun Benelux to emulate situations at the workplace.

I have Orca running but struggle with Brltty.
The message "No screen" appears, also when i reload Orca.
It could be that BRLAPI is not communicating with BRLTTY but i am not sure.

I use the following commandline (worked with earlier distribution of Opensolaris):

brltty -bvo -d usb: -xno -p none -A auth=none -n

Yes, i use a Tieman Braillevoyager.
As far as i can see i do not use the latest BRLTTY.
I am familiar with the upgrade-proces under Ubuntu but for Opensolaris i really have to learn. I really would like to ubgrade, but stumble on BCE and other buildprocedures.
Perhaps the VCN-approach foor Solaris is the same as Ubuntu or Redhat?

I could replace this operatingsystem with Ubuntu but need this testenviroment to complete my projects for the Opendoc Society here.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Peter op 't Hof.