[orca-list] no sound under opensuse11.

Hello all,

Posted this question to the opensuse list and didn't get many responses so figured I'd try here. I just tried the opensuse 11 live cd. When I bring up the talking boot menu, it speaks just fine. However, when I boot into the system I hear no startup music and running orca produces no speech. I have a del optiplex210 with a soundblaster audigy soundcard and a gig of ram. I disabled the onboard audio awhile back for ubuntu edgy and figure it's still disabled. Any ideas? Ubuntu with wubi works fine so confused why opensuse doesn't. Thanks,

Mike