[orca-list] Ubuntu 8.04.1 installation problems, Orca wont launch!

Hi all,

I'm writing for the first time so I'd like to introduce myself first. I am Hrvoje from Europe/Croatia, I am 21 years old and I am a low vision person. I have experience with various Windows versions, and I also tryed Ubuntu since 6.10 release.

So here's my problem. Yesterday I downloaded Ubuntu 8.04.1 from Ubuntu Web site, however I've got some problems.

So I tryed to install Ubuntu 8.04.1 on my NEC laptop with 512 MB of RAM, Intel Pentium 1.86 GHZ processor, Intel Mobile graphics card, Conexant AC Link Audio sound card. So I bought some blank CDs and burned Hardy on one of them. Ok, it boots well, I choose english by pressing Enter, then I down arrow to install, I press F5 then 3 for Orca, then Enter twice. However, with my little vision I can see that the installation screen shows up, but Orca doesn't launch, because there's no speech output nor Orca's window. I tryed it a lot of times without any chance. Then I tryed the old method using the Ubiquity script, however when I type in
sudo su
orca --no-setup --disable main-window
Orca then starts and says "welcome to Orca"
However after I type
ubiquity
the installer screen shows up but Orca wont speak! I thought it was fixed in final release, and I'm even using 8.04.1, not 8.04! So I really don't have an idea why this didn't work, since on my another PC (AMD Sempron 2600+, 1.61 GHZ, 512 MB of RAM) it works fine and orca starts speaking when I boot with the installer. I previously tryed older versions of Ubuntu (7.04 and 7.10) on the same Laptop and everything worked as expected, however in current 8.04.1 release, Orca doesn't launch or work with the installer like before. O yeah, and also I'd like to note that I had the same problem before on my PC as well, but only with 8.04 release. With 8.04.1 it works on my PC as I said above. I have no idea is this problem with my laptop configuration, or simply a bug in Ubuntu. So please help!

Regards
Hrvoje

MSN: hrkatic hotmail com
Skype: hrvojekatic