Re: [orca-list] Evince

hello every one.

On 17/08/2008, Steve Holmes <steve holmesgrown com> wrote:

I don't remember if this has been brought up before or not, but I
tried to open a PDF document in Evince, the default viewer for such
documents in gnome under Slackware.  I could never read any of the
text.  With one file, I could use the flat review keys to see the
first page of text but all the scrolling and page navigation I could
think of would never change the text under flat review.
Yes this issue has indeed been raised before.
I have recently downloaded the source code of evince and looking at
the points where we could talk with the hackers to make it better
accessible.
I would like to get some guidelines from orca hackers on this aspect.
I particularly want to know which part of any gnome software should I
look at with reference to accessibility linkage with orca?
what scripts in orca are close to what I would like to script for evince?
Please guide me on this so that I can start working on this important aspect.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.