Re: [orca-list] GParted Live CD with Orca?

Dear master,

Gparted live CD contains Linux 26 kernel, GUI front for several freely awaylable tools for Linux, and this GUI front drives those utilities, which are controlled from A GUI front. The name of included programs in Gparted live CD is

GNU parted, jfsutils, ntfsprogs, reiser4progs, reiserfsprogs, xfsprogs...
So if somebody could try if those programs can be executed without need to install of those programs to user profile in Linux, so user could copy those applications to USB drive, could for example boot from Ubuntu live CD, type

gnome-terminal

And then

Sudo su

And then user could run those programs safely from A console Window, it could solve problem.

But I think, that operating those external programs from command line will probably be nonconfortable.

My opinion is, that making project such as incorporating sound capabilities and Screen Reading support for projects like Gparted Live CD is ammazing and could be done by using Knoppix and tools for making Live CDS based on GNU/Linux for example.

I have real assumptions, that there are some possibility. The best would try to ask corporation, who developed Oralux Alpha Live CD based on Knoppix, if they could gave somebody permissions to modifi their project to customize projects such As Gparted live CD. But this CD is not awailable, Oralux project is not exists unfortunately.

MR Klaus Knopper may be could help, but everybody, try to put Your hands on Your heart, who will do those projects free of charge? Who of us have so many Linux experience?

So my opinion is, that everythink could be done, but it requires experience, time and other factors.

If A front GUI for Gparted is graphically oriented and if reprogramming for console mode could be too complex, I think, that using commandline tools without GUI could require many attention and big concetration of user.

But You are having good idea. May be, that somebody will try to think about it.