[orca-list] is urgen

2008/8/6, Henning Oschwald <listmail hoschwald de>:
Hi Mike,

On Sweetmorn, day 70 of Confusion 3174, Mike Gorse wrote:
OpenSUSE currently provides festival and espeak, but gnome-speech is
not built with espeak support, and festival is used by default.  It
seems to me that espeak is more widely-used than festival these days,
so we should probably make it the default for 11.1, but I wanted to
take an informal poll to see which synth people prefer.

I use german Mbrola all the time, but in my opinion Espeak would be a
good default, since it supports a lot of languages, so even the appropriate
language can be selected based on the configured locale setting.

cheers

  Henning