Re: [orca-list] the speaking of progress bars

Hi,
Progress bar announcement is one of the first things I turn on when setting up Orca.  It would be great to have it on by default.
Before switching to Ubuntu, I used to use a screen reader in XP called NVDA.  They have a feature where progress bars were shown with rising beeps.  I really liked that feature and wonder if it could be added to Orca.  It would be great to have the choice to have speech, beeps, or off.  IF the default were set to on, it could be with speech.  I am sure some people would probably find beeps annoying, but I found it gives a good indication of how much has been done in a progress bar, and once you get used to the range of pitches, how much is remaining.
Thanks
Storm