[orca-list] VmWare questions

Hi all,
As I have another Samsung laptop here running Windows, I'd like to
install Linux on there as well. However, I can't format this laptop and
also need Windows on it, I have some programs that wouldn't run under
Linux. Also, as this laptop has only one partition and I've experienced
some problems with dual booting, I'd like to install Linux in a virtual
machine. Has anyone tried that under Windows with VmWare or any other
program and how good does it work with Jaws? Also, as I don't have a
Braille display at the moment, I'll probably have to install Ubuntu
using the self-voicing installation. Does this work in a virtual box?
Thanks for helpful replies! :-)
Robin