Re: [orca-list] orca modifiers revisited

Hi Bertil,

Thank you for your confermation, Joanie kindly looked into the matter
and gave the reason for it not working anymore:

"I just took a quick look.  What is interfering with the use of Super as
Orca modifier is its inclusion in settings.NON_LOCKING_MODIFIER_MASK (in
form of META3). Remove that from the group and Super works as the Orca

settings.NON_LOCKING_MODIFIER_MASK is the default set of modifiers we
about when identifying if a given keypress matches a given keybinding.
We care
about Super/META3 for a couple of reasons:

1. Some OSes use it (e.g. OpenSolaris uses Super+d for the desktop and
for the run application dialog). If we didn't attend to it, and, say,
we'd bind 'r' for structural navigation by radio button, we'd be in
danger of
consuming Super+r thus preventing OpenSolaris users from getting to the
application dialog if Firefox had focus.

2. Right now users can bind commands using Super (e.g. they could make
the command to move to the next heading in FF).

So, I wonder if the thing we need to do is figure out what the Orca
modifier is
and if it turns out to be one of the items in the
remove it from the mask."

quoting comment  number

Thank you