Re: [orca-list] Accessible Installation, not Ubuntu

Hi Darragh,
I'm using a D-link DWA-110. It is connected to my PC via a USB adapter. The card is recognized, the network is shown by network-manager but I can not connect to the internet. I suspect that the problem is related to authentication. If I reboot my PC using windows I had no problems.
Thanks.

Darragh wrote:
José,

Further to writing that blog post, I can now report that the wireless card still did not work out of the box
in Fedora.   It took a lot of messing around to get it.  Well, it did until  found a really simple solution.

What card are you using?  Is it one of the Broadcom cards?

Installing Fedora can certainly be done without sighted assistance.  Visit www.speakupmodified.org and look
at the howto there.  You'll need to download their well prepared Speakup modified Fedora images though and
from here anyway, I always get a very slow download rate.  Pity their not hosted on heanet.ie or something
like that...

The only thing with installing Fedora with speakup is for the moment, you still need a hardware synthesizer.

If you have Braille, you could look at OpenSuSE 11 from DVD or the Live CD with Gnome is also accessible.

Darragh
www.digitaldarragh.com

Darragh Ó Héiligh
Experienced Web development, Linux / Windows Workstation and server support, Assistive technology support and
consultancy.
Call      +353(0)87-767-0464
Email:    d digitaldarragh com
Website:  http://www.digitaldarragh.com