[orca-list] No keyboard at the boot prompt

Hi all

I have a Dell Dimension E520 desktop computer. The motherboard has an
"Intel Broadwater G965" chipset, with eight USB
ports. One of those ports is for the keyboard and another is for the
mouse.

Once I boot the Ubuntu 8.04-desktop-i386 CD, my USB keyboard simply
doesn't work at the language selector and subsequent options at the
boot prompt. If I let the
entire desktop load, it detects the keyboard and the mouse normally,
but I need to choose my language (Brazilian Portuguese) and the
accessibility profile earlier
at the boot prompt, because I need them to become default after the
installation on the hard drive.

I've entered the BIOS and verified that all of USB controlers are
turned on. Some people told me to enable something like "USB function
for DOS" or "legacy USB" but there's no such
options at the BIOS.

I've tried to plug the keyboard on each of the USB ports including the
frontal ones, then tried booting and selecting my options, but the
keyboard didn't respond
at all.

I'll be grateful for any tip to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Cleverson

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/