Re: [orca-list] access in text consoles

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Brandon Misch wrote:

I see. well, does anything ship with ubuntu that allows someone to access a text console or would i have to compile something since you mentioned

Well obviously gnome-terminal comes with it, but a text-console screenreader no. A text console obviously comes since gnome runs on vc7, if you do alt + control + F1 you will be in text console 1.
Use alt+control+f2 to get to console 2 etc.

something about speak up or braille tty or whatever your other solution is.

I strongly suggest you read my emails carefully next time, because its annoying to have to repeat yourself... Now I can't even remember what I wrote... Let me see. Oh ok. If you do some research you will find out that BRLTTY is a braille driver. Do you use braille?
If not you will want to use speakup...

You don't have to compile a speakup kernel if you are happy to use my prebuilt one... It just needs to be install with dpkg... I guess you know about that?
Its 2.6.23 is that ok?

Cheers, and good luck,

--
Daniel Dalton