[orca-list] Help upgrading orca

Hi all.
Can anyone please assist?

I've just installed ubuntu 8.04rc and am wondering i've done an sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get install gnome-orca
and i'm told i already have the latest version of orca.
Now i know for a fact it's not version 2.23.1 it's the version that ships on the 8.04rc cd so what am I doing wrong?

I want to have orca updated automatically and I thought that's what apt-get install package name is meant to do.
Can someone tell me what's going on and how i'm supposed to update orca?
I want the easiest upgrade path and I feel building from the svn sounds rather complicated to a new ubuntu user.

Thanks to anyone who can help.