Re: [orca-list] Magnification.

Hi Chris:

There's some information at these pages:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/ConfigurationGui
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Magnification

In a nutshell, things need to be configured right and you need the right hardware in order for full screen magnification to work. The "Here's a note from the gnome-mag maintainer" on the Magnification page should be a first step to see if you might be able to have success on your old Acer travelmate (i.e., if you don't have the COMPOSITE extension, then full screen will not be a viable solution for you).

Will

Chris Norman wrote:
Hi All,

Just installed Ubuntu on my girls friend's laptop, which is an old Acer
travelmate. She doesn't use speech, but does use magnification.

When we started the maghnifier with it's default settings, there was a
magnified portion on the right of the screen. She, however, needs the
hole screen magnifying, and she needs to have the screen move as she
moves the mouse - with the current settings, the screen doesn't move
very well.

Anyone out there using magnification? If so, what settings does she
need.

Thanks in advance.