[orca-list] Orca and default soundcard help please

HI all.

Firstly if this message is off topic, could someone who may be able to assist reply to me privatly please?

I'm having a problem where I have 2 soundcards 1 pci soundblaster audigy card and a usb logitech headset connected to the pc.
My problem is When I boot ubuntu 8.04 rc, the usb headset always seems to be the default device for any kind of sound output.
I went to a terminal window and typed in
asoundconf list
to list my sound devices in my pc and audigy appears for my sb audigy card.
I then  typed
asoundconf set-default-card audigy
I thought after  doing this all sound would come out of my audigy but no this didn't help.
I restarted Orca and  this didn't make any difference.
The fact my audigy card is being detected by ubuntu, is there something i'm missing here to get all sound output via the sb audigy and not the usb headset?
Even after booting ubuntu with no usb headset connected no sound output is heard at all.
I even went in to the volume control properties in gnome and changed the device to the audigy card no difference.
If anyone can assist, please let me know.
This issue is starting to annoy me.