[orca-list] burning movies to dvd and orca

can someone tell me how i can burn movies to dvd with orca?
the chap helping me with linux who got hardy up and running for me burned "thinner" for me but he did it from the command line which for someone still learning things about linux is very complicated. most movies come in a folder with several files so you can't just select them from the desktop and paste them to a dvd. also despite having the hardy beta orca is still tieing up my sound card so i can't play music etc without having to shut down orca. i tried today with some cds i have of the "infotec" magazine and i got some error message refering to me installing sound server or something. i have left all the sound preferences set to default so i am wondering if i need to download and install other things in ubuntu which will allow me to access both orca and any music and movie files.