Re: [orca-list] Pulseaudio and speech-dispatcher/gnome-speech in Ubuntu.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 06:07:47PM EST, Hynek Hanke wrote:
I see however a big problem with this setup. Running Speech Dispatcher
system wide with ALSA output prevents PulseAudio to start on one channel
soundcards. This means, if I'm not mistaken, that installing Speech
Dispatcher will effectively destroy all other sound output in Ubuntu
Hardy. This seems to be a serious bug and it is important that it is
fixed before the release.

I have requested permission to upload a change so that speech-dispatcher doesn't start by default. THis is
all I can do, but it will prevent the sound device from being held by speech-dispatcher if a user wants
pulseaudio. This should be no trouble to get in.

Luke