Re: [orca-list] Wireless Operation and Orca

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 08:56:23PM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
My Elba is not capable of running Orca. What I need is to transmit
keystrokes and get back the braille output from Orca.

That's exactly what I was discussing. On your Elba you would run BRLTTY as a
BrlAPI server; Orca on the remote system would be the BrlAPI client.

The main problem would be generating keyboard events. Orca has an event
synthesizer that can create events. If BrlAPI allows you to transmit key press
and release events as though you were typing at a keyboard, perhaps code could
be written for Orca that would convert these into keyboard events for
processing.