Re: [orca-list] multi sound card with orca

Hello, Juan:

I also have 4 audio devices on one computer, and 3 on another. I asked
this same question a few months ago. Basically, the answer is that you
can't direct Orca, and more specifically gnome-speech, to a particular
device. However, there are things you can do:

1.)     Make sure to specify which devices you want loaded in what
order. Someone else can tell you what Ubuntu file to edit. I use Fedora
where this is done in /etc/modprobe.conf. Here's an excerpt from that
file on one of my machines:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-ca0106
options snd-card-1 index=1
options snd-ca0106 index=1
alias snd-card-2 snd-hdsp
options snd-card-2 index=2
options snd-hdsp index=2
alias snd-card-3 snd-usb-audio
options snd-card-3 index=3
options snd-usb-audio index=3

2.)     The other thing you can do in Gnome is to assigin different
classes of audio output to different devices. This can help you keep
Orca out of your movies and musical compositions, for instance. Do this
in the System Menu under Preferences \ Hardware \ Sound.

hth

Janina

Juan A Fuentes Bermudez writes:
    hi all

sorry for my english

i have ubuntu installed on a pc  with 4 sound card

how can routing out speak of orca to a concrete sound card?

p.d. alguien habla español?
thank